Skip to main content

Trip To San francisco

Two weeks ago, I took a trip to see my girlfriend, Kelley, in San Francisco. She's working on a three-month travel nursing assignment and I thought it would be perfect if I went to go visit her. Once I landed I quickly took a cab to In and out Burger which is a famous burger joint on the west coast. I got the double-double and animal style fries and I do have to say it was delicious. Once I got to Kelley's apartment we embraced and went out to the local bar for a few drinks. The following day we rented a car to go up to Sonoma for a night and see the wineries. I was intrigued to see the devastation from the wildfires that were happening in this area only a few short weeks ago. The first winery we visited was Arrowhead and once we got up to the door we saw just to the right how the forest right next to them was burned to the ground. The wine employees were telling us how firefighters were right next to them for weeks trying to keep the fire from getting to the grapes. Only a quarter of their crops were destroyed. After going few wineries we stayed at the Fairmount Inn where we took a quick nap and hit the town at night to get dinner. The following day Saturday we drove back to San Francisco. Once we got into the city we went to see Lombard St and drove up it which was a terrifying experience because of the steepness of the hills. It was an incredible experience and I'm glad I got to do it with Kelley. Overall San Fransico is a beautiful city with some great sights. I'm glad I got to cross it off my bucket list.

















Vocabulary:

Working (Adjective): having paid employment.

Nursing(Noun): the profession or practice of providing care for the sick and infirm.

Famous (adjective): known about by many people.

Intrigued(verb) : arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate.

Crops (noun): a cultivated plant that is grown as food, especially a grain, fruit, or vegetable.

Bucket List(noun): a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.

Vocabulary Exercises: 


Vocabulary

 Inline image 1



Grammar Point

Adjectives are describing words.  They help the reader to imagine, or picture, what the author is writing about.  Write 5 sentences about where you would choose to travel using as many adjectives as possible so that your reader can picture what you are describing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Of A Sport

A sport is defined as  an 'activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment'. The two words that pop out to me is 'individual' and 'team'. Since high school, I've known cross country as the sport that rules all. For those of you who don't know what cross country is, it's the sport you see skinny lanky high school students run through your local park early on Saturday morning wearing little to nothing singlets . I know what you are thinking, bunch of weirdos who like to run and you say to yourself "I don't get it". Which by then I'd have to say well yea I agree with you but its more than that. People who think of sports think of a team activity usually centered around a ball.  In which I would say you're right but I have a different view and so do millions of others. Cross Country to me is when you have your teammates ready to go to battle with for

Oreo

About five years ago, a little puppy came into our house on a Sunday morning unexpectedly. My mom's friend, Barbara, brought this little puppy to our house and just wanted to show my Mom this dog. Now my siblings and I have begged and pleaded with my mom to get a dog for the longest time but she never budged. Once this puppy came into our home at 5 months old, her heart was stolen by a little Lhasa apso. Since then, Oreo has been my moms, favorite child. She feeds him cooked chicken every single night and walks him whenever he wants. My mom often calls him a prince, because of the way he acts and is treated.  Oreo is a great dog over the past five years but he is spoiled. He enjoys long walks and treats every single night. He often gets angry when we try to put him in a cage and barks without end. Even though he at times is a headache we know we wouldn't have it any other way. We love him and we know he loves us.   Vocabulary: Begged:  ask (someone) earnestly or humbly fo

Mr. Vargas and Math

When I tell someone I'm a Math teacher, they always assume I've been always good at math. Unfortunately, and trust me I wish I was, is not the truth. From elementary school until about Highschool I can admit Math was always one of those subjects that I've been okay with nothing too special. Had some tests that I aced and a few that I failed. It wasn't until College where I fully fell in love with it and see what it could do. My math professor at Dowling College was Mr. Vargas. He was the department chair and was my teacher for most of my math classes. I admired how he taught and how he related his lessons to everyday life. I often sat at the desk saying to myself why couldn't any other teacher I have had done this in this way. They way he was teaching I instantly got what he was talking about and did it exceedingly well. He inspired me to be a teacher and to make sure every or most of my lessons to be connected to myself or the outside world in some capacity. I s